Thursday, June 30, 2011

36 weeks and Something Sentimental


On one of my last trips to my parent's house, I was rooting through my closet and found these two blankets...MY blankies. The quilt was made by my Grandma Graber and the little white blankie was one my mom made for me. Actually, the story goes that I used to lift up her dress to find this silky slip and rub it between my fingers. To stop me from doing that, she just cut up her old slips to give to me. I would hold the slip in my hand, rub it on my nose, and suck my fingers to fall asleep. I'm happy to have saved these to pass along to my baby girl. In addition to these hand-me-downs, Miss Peter will get a new handmade quilt from Bryce's mom. Can't wait to see the finished product!



Here is what I'm looking like lately. It feels like that belly is really popping out now!


1 comment:

  1. how sweet to have those blankies. I've made Lydia a quilt but am working on a little blanket with all kinds of textures for her. I can't wait to see what Cyndi makes I'm sure it will be amazing!!! You look great. You are so stinking close can't wait to see little ms. peter :)

    ReplyDelete