Thursday, November 10, 2011

My First DIY Project for Macy

Macy got a visit from Bryce's mom (aka Granna) on her 16-week birthday. While Cyndie was here, she was kind enough to teach me how to sew on her sewing machine. The last time I sewed anything was way back in home-ec class (some 12 or 13 years ago I think...).

The projects this time were burp cloths and seatbelt covers for Macy's carseat. Cyndie was very helpful and I had lots of fun. I was fairly pleased with the end result, though they are far from perfect. Now I'm searching for what to do next!


Macy sporting her new seatbelt covers. Goal: eliminate red marks on her neck caused by the edges of the seatbelt



Seatbelt covers with velcro. We used the same material that Cyndie used for Macy's quilt here

No comments:

Post a Comment